Sunday, August 4, 2013

The color run

It took a lot of resolve to wake up early on a Saturday morning, especially to run 5k and get coloured on the way. On reaching the venue though, the laziness got replaced with a wild excitement. I didn't expect such a big crowd for the color run, as I'd never been to one before. Moreover, I never knew so many people resided in and around Sacramento! The American version of the Indian Holi festival with a dash of 5k run thrown in, the color run boasts as being the happiest 5k run on the planet. I could see why. The environment is definitely very inviting. Everyone seemed to be happy. I think colours can have that effect on you. And nobody seemed to mind the scorching heat of the morning sun. Drenched in sweat and splashed with colours, everyone looked like they were soaked in the rainbows. At the end of it all, with all the colours on one's skin, it was hard to tell who was black or white or brown. Everyone was of the same colour. Happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I cant think beyond the pic you sent. Mental image stuck :P

    ReplyDelete